Monday, May 25, 2015

Tegan and Sara # 12: When Shannon Finally Got Too Old for This Shit.

09/13/2013
Tegan and Sara with What's Eating Gilbert
Stubb's - Austin, TX

After Dallas, we made the short trek to one of my favorite cities, Austin, to meet up with two other gals to catch Tegan and Sara at Stubb's BBQ. This was one of those lovely concerts where you wait all day in a long, hot line so that you can hopefully have a front row view. Since I am writing this post well over a year later, I can look back and realize how CRAZY and FANATIC I can be. You could not pay me to sit outside a concert venue for 7 + hours for a shot at front row nowadays. I guess I should consider changing the name of this blog from "front row junkie" to... "Concert Enthusiast". The good thing about this location was the good food found inside at Stubb's. We would rotate two people waiting in line and two people going inside for a bite/drink/bathroom break.


Anyway, when it was finally time to go in, we were not even front row. I recall us all being very crammed together and hot and sweaty. And I don't know if it's because I'm getting too old for that kind of thing or I just wasn't feeling good, but I got my happy butt out of there. I went all the way to the back on a hill and enjoyed the show from there! I had all the room in the world to sing and dance.

 

What's Eating Gilbert is fronted by New Found Glory frontman. There are a little cheesy for my taste but their song "I've Got You" was sweet (namely because I knew it was about his girlfriend (Hayley Williams of Paramore.)

Here is the setlist from the show:
  1. Not Your Hero
  2. Drove Me Wild
  3. Goodbye, Goodbye
  4. Back in Your Head
  5. The Con (I remember them making a comment that it's so nice to be playing for people that know who your band is. Considering that the night before, they were playing for predominantly fun. fans, it must be nice to come "home" to people who truly love and appreciate T+S)
  6. Walking With A Ghost
  7. I Couldn't Be Your Friend
  8. Now I'm All Messed Up
  9. I Was A Fool
  10. Sentimental Tune
  11. Alligator
  12. Nineteen
  13. Where Does the Good Go
  14. Shock to Your System (This was a HIGHLIGHT. It was so good live this night.)
  15. How Come You Don't Want Me
  16. Bones
  17. Closer
  18. Encore - Call It Off 
  19. Encore - Living Room 

No comments:

Post a Comment