Monday, May 25, 2015

Tegan and Sara # 11: And so It Begins

09/12/2013
fun. with Tegan and Sara
Gexa Energy Pavilion - Dallas, TX

Blurry Instagram pic.

Erin and I kicked off the first of three consecutive Tegan and Sara concerts in Dallas, TX to see them with another band we have all come to love... fun.! Upon arrival in Dallas, we ate at this awesome little pizza shop... pizza LOUNGE with weird/trendy pizza complete all with their own fun names. Now, it's always *interesting* when Tegan and Sara are the openers so we went in with a good attitude. We felt like the only people standing up during their set at times, but we had to support our girls!

Here is the setlist:

  1. Where Does the Good Go
  2. Living Room (My only notes from this evening are for this song and I simply wrote "DRUMS".)
  3. The Con
  4. Alligator
  5. Back in Your Head
  6. How Come You Don't Want Me
  7. Now I'm All Messed Up
  8. Drove Me Wild
  9. Goodbye, Goodbye
  10. Shock to Your System
  11. Closer
  12. I Was A Fool
  13. I Couldn't Be Your Friend
  14. Walking With a Ghost

This was at the height of fun.'s popularity with "We Are Young" dominating the airwaves. I enjoyed fun,'s first album "Aim and Ignite" so it was neat to hear songs like "All the Pretty Girls" and "At Least I'm Not as Sad as I Used to Be" on such a big stage. All of the songs they played off of "Some Nights" were pretty great, most notably, "One Foot." It is just such an anthemic, powerful song. I remember feeling very proud of Jack Antonoff and thinking Nate Ruess seemed a little out there, but SO sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment