Monday, June 10, 2013

The King of Country

03/17/2013
George Strait with Martina McBride and Randy Rogers Band
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo- Houston, TX

To fully appreciate this blog, you must first understand my mother's history with George Strait.  She was in his fan club, she traveled all across our great state (and beyond) to see him live.  George Strait to my Ma = Tegan and Sara to me.  And if you know me, country music isn't really my thing and I kind of refuse to blog about any country concerts I went to.  But George is an exception.  I mean... have you seen him?  He's in his sixties, and man has he aged gracefully.  Plus I got to wear this sweet Canadian Tuxedo.



Here's the massive setlist:
1. Here for a Good Time
2. Ocean Front Property
3. Check Yes or No
4. I Saw God Today
5. Drinkin' Man
6. Love's Gonna Make It Alright
7. Arkansas Dave
8. Jackson - He brought Martina back out for this and it was SO GOOD.  This is one of my fave Johnny Cash songs.
9. Golden Ring
10. Blame It On Mexico
11. Her Goodbye Hit Me in the Heart
12. 80 Proof Bottle of Tear Stopper
13. Honky Tonk Crazy
14. Marina Del Ray - Classic
15. A Fire I Can't Put Out
16. The King of Broken Hearts - Classic
17. Where the Sidewalk Ends - Just makes me think of Pure Country.
18. The Chair
19. River of Love
20. How Bout' Them Cowgirls
21. Give It Away
22. Living For The Night
23. Amarillo By Morning - Classic
24. Give It All We Got Tonight
25. I'll Always Remember You - Pretty sure me & mom cried during this one.  It was his song dedicated to his fans.
26. Troubadour
27. Unwound
Encore:
28. Folsom Prison Blues
29. All My Ex's Live in Texas
30. Middle Age Crazy
31. The Cowboy Rides Away - Definitely cried during this one.  Mom has so much history with George, so it's kind of like an end of era.  This was such a great concert and I got to go with my favorite people!  My mom, dad, brother, his girlfriend - Jill, and my boyfriend  - Jon.  See below for throwback pictures of me and Ma at George concerts of yesteryear.



No comments:

Post a Comment