Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Two Year Hiatus is Over!

10/11/2012
Tegan and Sara with Speak
AT&T Performing Arts Center-Dallas, TX

My favorite ladies Tegan and Sara decided to make a stop in Dallas on their way to Austin for the festival.  I obviously bought my ticket as soon as possible, as it had been TWO YEARS since I had seen them play a show live.  Below is the set-list and my scattered notes.

1. Arrow (First time to hear this song live and it was the perfect way to start off the show!)
2. Walking With A Ghost
3. Hell (Tegan wasn't playing guitar for this song so we totally got to see her figure out what to do with her hands (semi-dancing/hand motions).)
4. So Jealous (Oh man, Sara's voice sounded so great!)
5. I'm Not Your Hero (New song from Heartthrob)
6. The Con (It sounded super whiny this time around, which I love!)
7. Northshore
8. Bodywork (There was lots of "dancing", obviously.)
9. Where Does The Good Go
10. I Was A Fool (New song from Heartthrob)
11. Messed Up (New song from Heartthrob - Wow.  Okay, so this song sounds R&B influenced and is really bass heavy.  Please look this up on YouTube if you haven't yet.  This is the perfect song for Sara to actually show off her voice, especially when she sings the "Go if you want, I can't stop you" parts.  So beautiful.)
12. Alligator
13. Nineteen (Now's a good time as ever to mention how great it was to have Jason Mcgerr (of Death Cab for Cutie) drumming.  He plays live just how he records - excellent and with his precious little head bobs.)
14. Back In Your Head (The regular non-acoustic version)
15. Closer (New song from Heartthrob - Tegan totally had fun with one; I feel like she was kinda winking to the sexual undertones.)
16. Feel It In My Bones (Again, the regular non-acoustic version)

Encore:
17. Not Tonight (Oh god.  This was another first for me to hear live.  And midway through, it segued into Bruce Springsteen's I'm On Fire.  I feel like two of my loves collided into musical heaven.  So good.)
18. Call It Off
19. Living Room (Ah, to me this just felt like classic Tegan and Sara.  And in the midst of the Bodyworks and Closers, what a relief!  They're still my (our?) beloved Tegan and Sara.)

Stray observations:
  • Tegan had on a sweet tiger shirt.
  • Tegan made a point to say something along the lines of "We just want to say thanks for supporting us throughout several genres and our many different haircuts."  Some better than others, am I right?  ;)
  • Best banter of the night came before Bodywork while talking about dancing - Tegan: "I like to do just a little bit of head."  Sara: "That's what she said."  Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment