Monday, June 4, 2012

FPSF

06/02/2012 - 06/03/2012
Free Press Summer Fest
Eleanor Tinsley Park- Houston, TX

Stage 1
Me and Jon
Day 1:
Best Coast - Had a huge crowd, especially for a 2:40 set time on stage 2.  Really enjoyed her set.
Diplo - Totally appreciated all the dancing that went on during his DJ set.
Morris Day & The Time - We caught the end of Morris Day and they were old school jamming, while decked out in legit suits in the 90+ heat.  That's dedication.
Z-Ro - Seriously?  I can't believe I got to witness Mo City Don live!  I attached a video below for your viewing pleasure.  I'm pretty he was joined on stage by Bun B at some point; but I was having too good of time to confirm this fact.  We were super close to the stage and I had a perfect view of the self proclaimed King of the Ghetto.
Major Lazer - Major Lazer REALLY got the crowd going.
Snoop Dogg - Still can't believe I can now say I've seen Snoop Dogg in concert.  The crowd went on for miles and it was a blast.  I got to hear Gin and Juice so I'm happy.

Day 2:
Grandfather Child
Robert Ellis
Young the Giant - Young the Giant were just as awesome and engaging as I remembered.  I wish they played the day before because at this point I was ready to go!  

Overall I had a great, crazy time at my first FPSF and I'm glad I got to enjoy it with Jonathan.  Also of note, the homeless people in Houston are nothing like the ones in Austin.  They are frightening and they will accost you.  You've been warned.



No comments:

Post a Comment