Saturday, August 15, 2015

Brand New Nostalgia

Brand New with Cymbals Eat Guitars and Foxing
10/18/14
Bayou Music Center - Houston, TX


As you can see by this picture, I was SO excited for this show. The high school kid in me was pumped to see one of my all-time favorite bands again. Brand New was not Jonathan's cup of tea, something about them being too screamo," but he was a decent trooper. Their set was perfect and the setlist is below for proof. (I think we  must have got there after the openers sets because I do not recall anything about the bands or their sets.)

1. Untitled 01 (Found a Good Man)
2. You Won't Know
3. Degausser
4. Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades - This is the song that started it all. I would listen to it on Morgan Kern's first generation iPod on the way to soccer tournaments.
5. I Will Play My Game Beneath the Spin Light
6. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
7. Untitled 04 (Missing You)
8. Brothers
9. Gasoline
10. At the Bottom
11. You Stole
12. Mix Tape - Another favorite
13. Moshi Moshi
14. Seventy Times 7 - So good.
15. Okay I Believe You, but My Tommy Gun Don't - Second favorite.
16. Limousine (MS Rebridge)
17. Sowing Season
18. Luca
19. Jesus - If I had to pick, this would be my favorite Brand New song.
20. Soco Amaretto Lime - I mean... talk about nostalgia!

No comments:

Post a Comment