Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Just Rawkin Out



05/27/11
Cage the Elephant with Manchester Orchestra & Sleeper Agent
Verizon Wireless Theater- Houston, TX

Andy Hull of Manchester Orchestra & some big dudes in the way
It wasn't my usual crowd at Verizon Wireless, but I was ready for a rawk show!  As I was ordering my first drink of the night, a great noise came through the speakers.  This noise turned out to be the opening band, Sleeper Agent.  They looked to be a young band and were fronted by an energetic young woman.  They put on a great show, were very entertaining, and the girl could wail!  I even pre-ordered their album, Celebrasion.

Next up was Manchester Orchestra!  I wouldn't call their front man Andy Hull "charismatic," but I thought they played great and I enjoyed rocking out to them.  My favorites of the night were Pale Black Eye, Simple Math, Shake It Out, & I've Got Friends.  I haven't been to a show where dodging mosh-pits was involved in a while, so that kept Angie & I on our toes for quite a bit!  I hope to make it out to another concert of theirs where "I Can Feel a Hot One" is added to the setlist.  It's a heartbreaking, beautiful song of theirs off of Everything To Nothing.

Matt Shultz of Cage the Elephant wigglin' all around
 Cage the Elephant closed out the night.  At this point, I had snuck upstairs with friends that had reserved seats.  How fancy of them!  Now normally, I would much rather be in the crowd but I was not familiar with a lot of Cage the Elephant's stuff so it didn't bother me too much.  They were very enjoyable and entertaining to watch.  Our entertainment for the night included the lead singer hopping  around the stage and people stage-diving left and right.  I was very impressed by their showmanship and pleased to hear "Shake Me Down."  It's been playing in my car pretty much nonstop for the past couple of weeks.

Cage the Elephant- Ain't No Rest for the Wicked


You'll be hearing from me again in July as Erin & I make the trek to San Antonio to see our favorite "boy band" Steel Train!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm glad you think I'm fancy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this as well!! I completely agree! you left out poor jeff though lol

    ReplyDelete